Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finally it rains!


Yes, those are rain drops on my kitchen window looking out at the yard. After six weeks with no rain we finally got a visit from the rainman yesterday. Perfect timing as our fire threat has been high and we have several brushfires flaring up in the area. I've been watering the garden each night as the temperatures have been in the 90's most of last week. I hope that the rain keeps up the entire week as we need to replenish the local water tables. I almost think the chickens had forgotten about the wet stuff falling from the heavens as they ran from one end of the yard to the other seemingly perplexed by the showers. With any luck they will grow used to it in a hurry. I believe this calls for a Precipitation Pizza Party at our house tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with the chicks... what's rain?!? Living in the desert has turned me into one of those people who checks the weather report a lot looking for a spot of rain. Not much of that happening here for a while now. I'm glad it came down at your place, though. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is raining here today. I would love to see those chickens running around....lol!

    ReplyDelete