Thursday, April 16, 2009

Salad Bar



The garden is complete. A little time and sunshine and we'll have our own salad bar just outside the back door. The radishes have already started popping through the ground and the beans should be next. Since I've put up the fence the chickens have largely ignored the garden and I hope to keep it that way. I still need to add the trellis netting to the trellis posts but there's time for that. I am very pleased thus far with the Square Foot Garden technique. Give it a few months and I will know whether the extra time and effort up front was worth it. It does indeed appear so far that there will be much less weeding and watering required.

1 comment:

  1. I just jumped over from Cold Antler. Just wanted to say Hi and nice blog. We have a Family Co Op Garden in rasied beds too.

    I hope when you get a chance you will visit my blog(s). We got a lot in common!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete